This morning the scale in my bathroom read 176.5. Shocked, I rubbed my still-sleepy eyes, went a got my glasses off the nightstand, stepped again on the scale. 176.5. Again. Same result.
I am pleased to announce that my diet which officially started in May of this year is over. I have lost 25.5lbs since arriving in NJ from Austin, TX.
I attribute the weight loss to 3 things:
- no longer drinking soda of any kind–my vice was Pepsi at dinner
- salads for lunch consisting of: organic spring mix, sugar snap peas, brussel sprouts, raw fresh baby corn, cucumber, ground black pepper, raisins, and Maple Grove Farms of Vermont Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing
- riding my bike in the summer on the Glassboro-Monroe Township Bike Trail 3 – 4 times a week for an hour each time, and doing 80 push-ups, 20 pull-ups, and 250 crunches 2 times a week
I found that most days I was vegan. Other than salads, the foods I have eaten most while on the diet:
- Eggo Special K 99%Fat Free Waffles which essentially serve as a boat for 5 – 7 cups of fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, peaches, tangerines, etc.)
- Hungry Jack Lite Syrup
- sweet potatoes
- a stir fry consisting of fresh zucchini, onions, brocholini, and either tofu, chicken, or shrimp
- pizza from Benny’s Pizzeria on Mantua Pike ordered with no cheese but with mushrooms and green peppers
- various sushi for dinner
- various Chinese for dinner
- Orville Redenbacher’s Original Kernal popcorn cooked on the stove in my special popcorn pot
The one food that I know immediately puts the weight back on, which is sad to say because it is so good, is Pal Joey’s subs.Changes I have noticed since the weight started coming off:
- I make more trips to the supermarket to replenish my supply of fruit and veggies
- I went down one pants size
- I don’t get nearly as winded when walking across campus
- Now that winter is upon us, I am much colder most of the time
- I have more energy
The goal now is to keep it off. I’ll let you know how that goes. Off to breakfast.